db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Bernt.John...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Distributed Protocol Error
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 12:49:46 GMT
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply. Now I know why I get this error. But what needs to
> be done to eliminate it.(i.e How can I make my application to talk the
> Derby client protocol (DRDA) and how can I make the server to run with
> SSL encryption enabled?).

By default, neither the client, nor the server will run with SSL
encryption enabled. DRDA is the Derby client protocol, and will
allways be used in Derby client server communications. My point was
that if some application which was not a Derby client (or other DRDA
client, which is possible since DRDA is an open standard and also used
by e.g. DB2 clients) tried to connect to a Derby server, you would get
that error message.

The documentation on how to use SSL, if that's what byou need, you
will find here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/adminguide/cadminssl.html