db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Bernt.John...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Distributed Protocol Error
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 11:54:37 GMT
Hi,

> I have been getting the following error when I execute an executeupdate
> on a batch of queries from my application. What should I do to avoid or
> eliminate this error?

The message indicates that either

1) some application not talking the Derby client protocol (DRDA)
   attempts to connect to the server, or

2) that the Derby client has SSL encryption enabled and the server is
   running in plaintext mode (default).

> Execution failed because of a Distributed Protocol Error:
> DRDA_Proto_SYNTAXRM; CODPNT arg  = 2113; Error Code Value = 14.
> Plaintext connection attempt from an SSL enabled client?
>
> org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAProtocolException: Execution failed
> because of a Distributed Protocol Error:  DRDA_Proto_SYNTAXRM; CODPNT
> arg  = 2113; Error Code Value = 14. Plaintext connection attempt from an
> SSL e
>
> nabled client?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Suman
>

> The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.
> It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else
> is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
> copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
> on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
> addressee please contact the sender and dispose of this e-mail. Thank you.

Staff Engineer, Derby/Java DB
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway