db-derby-user mailing list archives

From SandipGaikwad <sandipgaikwad3...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: backup, restore using ClientDriver
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 04:27:51 GMT

Thanks Bryan,
here is my program code:-
     public boolean restore(File dir){
        if(dir.exists() && dir.isDirectory()){
            System.out.println(dir.getName());
            try {
                Properties databaseProperties = new Properties();
                databaseProperties.setProperty("user", "ids");
                databaseProperties.setProperty("password", "ids");
                String backupDirectory = dir.getPath();
                String
restoreString="jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/ids;"+"restoreFrom="
                        +backupDirectory+"/ids";

dbConnection=DriverManager.getConnection(restoreString,databaseProperties);
                return true;
            } catch (SQLException ex) {
                ex.printStackTrace();
            }
        }
        return false;
    }
The program works properly. I am using Netbeans6 Beta. But when i view data
it doesn't shows empty table as it was previously. Please tell me where i i
did mistake in above restore() function. Also tell me how i can use
hibernate to do restore() operation on javadb.