db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Commander Salamander <oliver.hom...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible for read-only db in jar to circumvent need for temp directory?
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 21:09:28 GMT

I'm trying to put together a web start application that contains a small
read-only derby (Java DB) database. I have crossed the first web start
hurdle using the Derby Developer's Guide's instructions for bundling a
read-only database inside a jar file. However, it appears that derby needs
to be able to write a temp directory during operation. I'd really like to
avoid requiring the user to give file-permissions, so I am currently at an
impasse.

My question: does anyone know if it is possible to disable the need to write
to a temp directory, or some other way to get around this problem?

Thanks!