db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Patrick Sp." <patspringer2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Quering on multiple rows
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 17:58:10 GMT

Hi Stanley,

Thank you for your response.
This is what is actually done. My question is rather about the SQL statement
I need to execute in order to be  able to express constraints on multiple
rows on the Mission table related to one specific employee.
Any help is appreciated.

In many ways this is a matter of preference but, IMHO, since both
Missions and Employee seem to be primary objects and there could be a
M:M relationship I would create an association table with two columns
Mission_id and    Employee_id and, for good form, throw in a
auto-increment column to be used as the primary key of the table (or the
compound key Mission_id and Employee_id could be used as the PK).