db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Patrick Sp." <patspringer2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Quering on multiple rows
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 17:58:10 GMT

Hi Stanley,

Thank you for your response.
This is what is actually done. My question is rather about the SQL statement
I need to execute in order to be  able to express constraints on multiple
rows on the Mission table related to one specific employee.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
P.

---
In many ways this is a matter of preference but, IMHO, since both
Missions and Employee seem to be primary objects and there could be a
M:M relationship I would create an association table with two columns
Mission_id and    Employee_id and, for good form, throw in a
auto-increment column to be used as the primary key of the table (or the
compound key Mission_id and Employee_id could be used as the PK).