db-derby-user mailing list archives

From EdS <eduardosalte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database shutdown not releasing file locks
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 00:49:35 GMT

Finally resolved my issue which is founded in some poor code...I was not
explicitly closing off ResultSets and Connections when finished with them.
The strange thing is I do not get the errors when making requests to a
remote machine (specifically a Linux server).

>From what I can gather, my code is in a race with how quickly GC occurs.

Anyone know if Derby uses the References API for tracking outstanding
resource usage?

cheers,

Ed