db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Antonio David Sánchez Nadal <antodasana-trab...@yahoo.es>
Subject Storing session/connection data.
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 02:27:08 GMT

Is there any way I can store data for a connection session? I am talking
about the equivalent of session data in a web application, for instance.

This my requirement:
I am developing a client/server Java application using derby, any Java
client will have its own connection to the database (no multi-tier). The
application manages its own table of users and connects to the database
with a different, specific derby database user. I also need to audit the
database on the basis of the application user by means of triggers. But
I don't know how to make derby remember the application user for the
current session/connection, CURRENT_USER function retrieves the derby
dabase user tha was used to connect the database (the same for all
application connections). I would also prefer to avoid a database
request from client in order to carry out the audit operation, i.e., not
using triggers.

If it is not possible to do this, is it a standard practice in an
application like this to map application users to database users? I
prefer avoiding this for aplication security and maintainability

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

Thanks for your time and kind regards.

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
Llamadas a fijos y mˇviles desde 1 cÚntimo por minuto.

View raw message