db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Nitin Gupta" <nitin.gu...@srishtitechnet.com>
Subject Derby in a Java based desktop application
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2007 08:48:10 GMT
Hi All,

I am developing a java based desktop application which is required to work
across platforms. As I am new to embedded databases, I am confused about
which database should I go with. I have come across following choices:

-          Derby

-          HSQLDB

-          H2

I would highly appreciate if you can help me in selecting the appropriate db
or can give me some information about the pros and cons of each.

About the application:

Application is required to support clob/blob data types. Also, there should
be a provision for indexing.

Best Regards,

Nitin Gupta

Srishti TechNet Pvt. Ltd.

B1/168, Paschim Vihar,

New Delhi - 110063

( Tel: +91 11 45587193

Skype: nitin.gupta.183

Any comments or statements made in this email are not necessarily those of
Srishti TechNet Pvt. Ltd. The information transmitted is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. If you have received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. All e-mails
sent from or to Srishti TechNet Pvt. Ltd. may be subject to our monitoring
procedures.