You would need to checkout the source for the UI plugin and build it yourself until the patch is applied (I'm not a committer so I can't apply it myself).  I think the easiest way to build is to checkout the https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/plugins/eclipse/org.apache.derby.ui project, apply the patch, and export the project using the plug-in export wizard or the JAR export wizard.  Then, you can install the plug-in JAR as you normally would.