Hi,

I have executed the following queries on a table in the given order and I am getting the error mentioned below.

I have created a table and then created an unique index on two columns for the table.

I have used the same two columns to add a primary key for the table and then used a query to set the two columns with unique key constraint.

               I.      CREATE TABLE XSLTEMPLATE_TEMP(TEMPLATEID BIGINT not null, LOCALEIDENTIFIER CHARACTER(5) not null, TEMPLATENAME CHARACTER(100), LATESTVERSION INT not null, CHECKEDOUT CHARACTER(1) not null, CHECKEDOUTBY CHARACTER(30), CHECKEDOUTVERSION INT not null, CHECKEDOUTTIME TIMESTAMP, COCOMMENT VARCHAR(300), TEMPLATEFILE VARCHAR(300), TEMPLATETYPE CHARACTER(10), TEMPLATEIDCODE CHARACTER(10), EDITABLE CHARACTER(1) not null, RELATESTO CHARACTER(10), LASTWRITTEN TIMESTAMP);

             II.      CREATE UNIQUE INDEX XSLTEMPLATE_TEMP ON XSLTEMPLATE_TEMP(TEMPLATEID, LOCALEIDENTIFIER);

            III.      ALTER TABLE XSLTEMPLATE_TEMP ADD CONSTRAINT XSLTEMPLATE_TEMP PRIMARY KEY(TEMPLATEID, LOCALEIDENTIFIER);

          IV.      ALTER TABLE XSLTEMPLATE_TEMP ADD UNIQUE (LOCALEIDENTIFIER, TEMPLATEID);

When the last query to add a unique key constraint on the table, I am getting the following error

ERROR 42Z93: Constraints 'SQL071017145943950' and 'SQL071017145906390' have the same set of columns, which is not allowed.

Either of the query iii or query iv alone could be executed successfully. I was not able to execute both these queries

Can anyone please explain why I am getting this error and also suggest what needs to be done to avoid this error?

Thanks & Regards,

  Suman.N