I tried the same scenario you mentioned and I'm able to delete the database without any problem? Are you deleting manually or through any pgm?

-Manjula

On 10/3/07, EdS <eduardosaltelli@gmail.com> wrote:

I run into an issue where i dynamically create databases to cache data.  At
some point when I no longer need the cache, I perform a shutdown and delete
the directory where the database resides.

Unfortunately there's still open file references to one of the c*.dat files
that prevents me from getting a clean filesystem delete.

Anyone else seen this behavior, or is it a known bug?  My searches so far
have proved fruitless.

tia,

Ed