The other problem that can happen is that the tables are created in a different schema than the one that is used when you connect with NetBeans.  Notice that your connection in NB is labeled 'bb on APP'.  That means it's using the default schema, APP.

It's possible that your tables were created under a different schema. In particular, if you log in as user 'foo' and there is a schema named 'foo' in the database, then that schema is used, otherwise 'APP' is used as the schema.

NetBeans currently *only* shows tables for the current schema, not for all schemas.  There is a feature request (I think) to add support to show all schemas.  This comes up pretty regularly.

David