db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: Invalid transaction state - held cursor requires same isolation level
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2007 15:29:41 GMT
Geoff hendrey <geoff_hendrey@yahoo.com> writes:

> Here are 3 lines from my code:
>
> Connection c = ConnectionManager.getConnection(req);
> c.setAutoCommit(false);
> c.setTransactionIsolation(Connection.TRANSACTION_READ_UNCOMMITTED);
>

> The *second* time this block executes, I get this exception from the attempt to setTransactionIsolation:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: Invalid transaction state - held cursor requires same isolation
level
>         at org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.setTransactionIsolation(Unknown Source)
>

> ANyone have any ideas what this message might mean? My guess is that a result set is
open and a cursor in that result set is somehow not getting closed after the first pass. But
I'm hard pressed to see where in my code this could be happening since I close all my connections
in finally blocks.

Well, it is even harder for us, since we don't see the relevant part
of your code...

--
dt