db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Kellerer <spam_ea...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: DevGuide: glitch in generation?
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 13:23:11 GMT
caston first, 30.09.2007 14:40:
> I am reading the HTML PAGES dev guide, and every time
> there is a reference to an actual code item in-line
> with text (in Courier font), it is an obfuscated
> (meaningless) word, viz.:
> This base text (as a result of a copy operation):
> The standard way to obtain a Connection object is to
> call the method DriverManager.getConnection, which
> takes a String
> appears in Safari (Mac OS X, 10.4.10) as in the
> attached image.  In fact, I didn't know the text would
> paste correctly when I started this note!  Hmmm...

The HTML coce seems to be correct:

is to call the method <samp

But I have noticed that the reference to the css in the header is incorrect:

type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

this is taken from the 10.3 distribution archive.

As no css files are part of the distribution, the reference does not
make sense (a relative path would make sense if the css files were
included in the archive).

But maybe on your computere the referenced .css file does indeed exist
and defines a font which causes the garbled output.

View raw message