db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No driver found on Windows Mobile 5
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:33:58 GMT
On 10/23/07, Atelier Aness <info@aness.de> wrote:
> Hi @all,
>
> I need to use Derby (10.3.1000004.561794) on a PDA with Windows Mobile 5. I developed
a Java application with eclipse and tested it successfully on my desktop PC with Windows XP.
I have build a jar which contains my class files and class files of derby and tried to run
them on my PDA. But I always get SQLException: No driver found jdbc:derby:DB;create=true.

> My code is:
> Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver");
> con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:DB;create=true","user","user"); //OutOfMemoryException
on PDA

> Don't know what I'm doing wrong.
>
> Hope for answer!
> Bye Aness

Hi,

What JVM is on your PDA? Most likely, it's a J2ME version. If so,
you'll need to make some adjustments to your application; J2ME as far
as I know has only JSR169 support, which does not have the
DriverManager class available.
Instead, you'll have to use the DataSource mechanisms, and Derby
supports that combination with
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource.

I hope this gives enough hints for looking through the manuals, wiki
pages and email archives...

Now, if your PDA's JVM is a full-fledged J2SE I don't know what could
be wrong...

Myrna