db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Suman N" <Suma...@curamsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Getting "Constraints 'SQL071017145943950' and 'SQL071017145906390' have the same set of columns, which is not allowed." while adding a Unique/primary key constraint to the table
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:20:43 GMT
Hi Jørgen,

Thank you very much for the speedy reply.
But the same queries seem to work when I execute them in DB2 and Oracle. Is this behavior
only subjective to Derby database?

 Thanks & Regards,
	Suman

-----Original Message-----
From: Jorgen.Loland@Sun.COM [mailto:Jorgen.Loland@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:23 PM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: Getting "Constraints 'SQL071017145943950' and 'SQL071017145906390' have the same
set of columns, which is not allowed." while adding a Unique/primary key constraint to the
table

Hi Suman,

What you're doing here is to first make the attribute pair
(LOCALEIDENTIFIER, TEMPLATEID) a primary key, and then give the same
attribute pair a unique constraint. The primary key constraint
guarantees uniqueness, and step IV is therefore not allowed and results
in an exception saying that the primary key attributes cannot have a
unique constraint at the same time.

Hope this answered your question.

Regards,
Jørgen Løland