db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Leader <d.lea...@bio.gla.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Including a derby db within the same jar as the application
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2007 23:53:33 GMT
A postscript to the solution to the problem:

jdbc:derby:jar:(MyApp.jar)MyDB

When I used exe4j to create a Windows .exe from MyApp.jar it worked
fine without specifying any derby properties.

When I created a Mac application bundle (can be done with Apple's
JarBundler) and tried to run it, it complained that it couldn't find
the database. To get it to work I had to include the following key-
value pair as a java property in the Info.plist:

derby.system.home = $APP_PACKAGE/Contents/Resources/Java/

Just  thought I'd mention this for completeness.

David