db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Leader <d.lea...@bio.gla.ac.uk>
Subject Derby v SQLite
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:53:33 GMT
In another thread I recently wrote "I'm happy with the way that Derby
has behaved, but I'd like to ask a provocative question nevertheless..."

Back in the summer, when I told my son (who is a computer
professional) that I had a Masters student porting my MySQL db to
Derby, he told me I should be using SQLite, which is what Google is
using in its Gears thing. I persisted with Derby, mainly because it
is Java and my app was in Java, but I'd be interested to know what
people regard as the relative strengths of weaknesses of the two
embedded DBs.

David