db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Wolf Bublitz <wolf.bubl...@uni-dortmund.de>
Subject Re: checking if table exists
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 13:19:01 GMT
Hi,

I tried to implement your code and it compiles without errors.

	String[] names = { "TABLE" };
         ResultSet result;
         DatabaseMetaData metadata = null;

         try {
             metadata = dbConnection.getMetaData();
             result = metadata.getTables(null, null, null, names);
             while((result.next()) & (tableExists = false)) {
                 System.out.println(result.getString("TABLE_NAME"));
             }
         } catch(java.sql.SQLException e) {
             e.printStackTrace();
         }

This should print ever table in the db but although there are three
tables (tabelle1, tabelle2, tabelle3) in the database nothing is in
the output.

Any ideas?

Thanks Wolf