db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Nielsen <Thomas.Niel...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: what is the best JVM to run derby on?
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:29:12 GMT
Hi Yarono,

I don't think there's a stated preference for neither brand nor version
when it comes to the JVM.

 From what I can tell the majority of development and testing seems to
revolve around JVMs from either IBM or SUN, and all currently available
versions seems to be used.

Release testing (and automated nightly testing) is currently run on all
1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 JVMs AFAIK, given availablility.

Generally speaking newer JVMs tend be "bigger, faster, better", but your
mileage may vary :)

HTH,
Thomas

--