db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: database format
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:23:40 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Hi Rene,
>
> The following ij command will give you the current version of the data
> stored on disk. I don't think that this is a documented part of Derby's
> api, so this could change in a future release:
>
>   values syscs_util.syscs_get_database_property( 'DataDictionaryVersion' );

Great, I've been looking for something like this as well.

Alternatively you can try to boot the database using an older (and incompatible)
driver, and the error message will tell you the version number of the database
format.

I added both of these tricks to the wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/VersionInfo

--
John