db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jørgen Løland <Jorgen.Lol...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Getting "Constraints 'SQL071017145943950' and 'SQL071017145906390' have the same set of columns, which is not allowed." while adding a Unique/primary key constraint to the table
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:52:44 GMT
Hi Suman,

What you're doing here is to first make the attribute pair
(LOCALEIDENTIFIER, TEMPLATEID) a primary key, and then give the same
attribute pair a unique constraint. The primary key constraint
guarantees uniqueness, and step IV is therefore not allowed and results
in an exception saying that the primary key attributes cannot have a
unique constraint at the same time.

Hope this answered your question.

Regards,
Jørgen Løland