db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Inserting data into a database on a Derby network server
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:48:25 GMT
John Embretsen wrote:
> Hi Ture,

[ snip ]

> I didn't think it was this easy to fill up the heap (by not explicitly
> closing Statement objects) anymore (see e.g. DERBY-210), but there are
> obviously some vulnerabilities left. So thank you for sharing your code
> and for reporting this!

Hi John,

I think the reason why the OOME happened so fast in this application was
because of the sorting (ORDER BY). I don't know enough about how sorting
is implemented in Derby to have an opinion, but I think we should have a
look at it.

I will do a little pre-investigation and create a Jira if appropriate.

--
Kristian