db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Alan Burlison <Alan.Burli...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Derby causes PermGen leaks in Tomcat
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 12:22:38 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

>> So it's clear that although the Derby server is stopped, it's still
>> zombified somewhere inside the Tomcat JVM.  How do I cleanly and
>> completely remove Derby from a running JVM?
>>
> Is it possible you are seeing DERBY-2905? If so please try out the patch
> for that issue which is currently posted for review.

Although I haven't rebuilt Derby with this patch included, I'm 95%
certain that DERBY-2905 is indeed the cause.  Although I'd solved the
AntiGC thread problem, I still couldn't redeploy more than 15-16 times.
  I added code to the servlet so that when it was shut down it manually
unloaded all the JDBC drivers (including the AutoloadedDriver), and now
I can redeploy 50 times without a problem.  That's basically the same os
the proposed fix for DERBY-2905.

--
Alan Burlison