db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noz <d....@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Embedded Derby - How to change the schema?
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:20:27 GMT
David Van Couvering schrieb:
> The other problem that can happen is that the tables are created in a
> different schema than the one that is used when you connect with
> NetBeans.  Notice that your connection in NB is labeled 'bb on APP'.
> That means it's using the default schema, APP.
>
> It's possible that your tables were created under a different schema.
> In particular, if you log in as user 'foo' and there is a schema named
> 'foo' in the database, then that schema is used, otherwise 'APP' is
> used as the schema.
>
> NetBeans currently *only* shows tables for the current schema, not for
> all schemas.  There is a feature request (I think) to add support to
> show all schemas.  This comes up pretty regularly.
>
> David
>
> On 10/3/07, *Daniel Noz* <d.noz@gmx.de <mailto:d.noz@gmx.de>> wrote:
>
>     Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM <mailto:Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM> schrieb:
>>     Daniel Noz <d.noz@gmx.de> <mailto:d.noz@gmx.de> writes:
>>

>>>     Hello derby-users,
>>>
>>>     I develop a richt client application with netbeans using derby-db and
>>>     toplink as JPA implementation.
>>>     If i use the embedded driver (see <property name="toplink.jdbc.driver"
>>>
>>>     value="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"/>) it works great to
>>>     persist Entity-Objects.
>>>     However i cant see anything within the database, i am using. I can
>>>     connect, hower i dont see any created tables or data within...? Is
>>>
>>>     this a feature with the embedded driver?
>>>     I know that my Entity Objects are within the database...if i use the
>>>     entitymanager to find the persited object..it works great...
>>>     By the way: I dont use the JavaEE lookup. I create the necessary
>>>
>>>     EntityManager instance like this:
>>>     EntityManagerFactory factory =
>>>     Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("BBTrainerAppPU");
>>>     EntityManager em = factory.createEntityManager();
>>>
>>>     Can anyone help me and tell me if this is a feature or how to find the
>>>
>>>     created table or data within?
>>>
>>     Could it be that you have two different databases with the same name
>>     in different locations?
>>
>>     A similar situation was discussed here a while back. See
>>

>>     http://www.nabble.com/Hibernate%3A-table-view-does-not-exist-tf4521125.html
>>
>>     HTH
>>

>     I dont think so...
>     thats what i see within netbeans...
>
>     and here is my persistance.xml
>

>     i am meanwhile going to read through the link you sent me...thanks...

How can i change the schema within a embedded JAVA DB?
If i create a new connection with NetBeans

and i click "advanced"
i have to choose the schema...

but i can select only the schemas:
APP, SYS; NULLID, SYSCAT....

not the one i created earlier

Can anyone help me?

I am getting crazy with this embedded derby problem ....grrrr