db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noz <d....@gmx.de>
Subject Embedded Derby
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 09:59:59 GMT
Hello derby-users,

I develop a richt client application with netbeans using derby-db and
toplink as JPA implementation.
If i use the embedded driver (see <property name="toplink.jdbc.driver"
value="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"/>) it works great to
persist Entity-Objects.
However i cant see anything within the database, i am using. I can
connect, hower i dont see any created tables or data within...? Is this
a feature with the embedded driver?
I know that my Entity Objects are within the database...if i use the
entitymanager to find the persited object..it works great...
By the way: I dont use the JavaEE lookup. I create the necessary
EntityManager instance like this:
EntityManagerFactory factory =
Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("BBTrainerAppPU");
EntityManager em = factory.createEntityManager();

Can anyone help me and tell me if this is a feature or how to find the
created table or data within?