db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: help, problem of java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission derby.log read)
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 14:14:27 GMT
> I am using eclipse plugin for derby, I apply derby nature in multiple
> projects, however when I try to start the derby from the menu I got:
>
> Security manager installed using the Basic server security policy.
> 2007-10-01 15:16:41.125 GMT Thread[main,5,main]
> java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
> derby.log read)

The default Java security policy that is delivered with the Derby
network server appears to be a bit too restrictive; there have been several
problem reports recently of situations where the security policy is
preventing actions which ought to be allowed.

As a workaround, you can install your own, looser security policy for
the network server.

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.3/adminguide/tadminnetservrun.html

thanks,

bryan