db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Leader <d.lea...@bio.gla.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Can the derby.log file be suppressed?
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:37:39 GMT
This must be boring everyone, but John Embretsen asked:

> Maybe I've missed something, but why won't it work to set the
> property in the
> application (Java code), before loading the embedded driver?
>
> // App startup....
> System.setProperty("derby.stream.error.field", "MyApp.DEV_NULL");
> // DB startup...

Well the answer is that it *does* work. And I suppose the real
question was why I hadn't tried it, but nobody really wants to know
the answer to that.

Thanks John. Problem solved. I do appreciate the way professionals
suffer amateurs like me on these lists.

David

PS
Now, does anyone know how to include a derby database in a
Windows .exe file?

(And does anyone know how to replace the generic Sun icon on the top
left with one's own application icon. Can't expect the helpful folks
from Sun to answer that, but if I were a Windows Java developer I'd
want to know. Or, then again, perhaps it's the sort of thing only Mac
veterans like me worry about.)