db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject Derby, connection pooling and shutdown
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 01:37:41 GMT
Hi all.

At present I'm using Connection directly.  After I close it, if it's the last
connection open to the database I am doing a ;shutdown=true to force Derby to
properly close it.

Now I'm changing things to use connection pooling to make things go smoother
when multiple threads want to do queries at the same time.  Supposing I use
an EmbeddedConnectionPoolDataSource, do I still need to do any manual
shutdown of the database after the connection pool manager is closed, or is
that all managed inside the ConnectionPoolDataSource implementation?

Daniel