db-derby-user mailing list archives

From gregsmit <gregs...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Memory Leak or Expected Behavior - BtreePostCommit
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:01:22 GMT

Hi Mike,

Sure -- be happy to help with this issue.

The database and the queries are very simple.  The reason is that we are not
really testing a real app, but rather a web framework that we are building
as a platform for other apps.  So, our "Demo App" is the one that is being
stress tested, so all of the interactions with it are very simple.

o can you post ddl of table/indexes and maybe some description of usual
   data for keys in the btree.

Here's what we use to create the database table

CREATE TABLE employees (
  username varchar(32) NOT NULL,
  firstname varchar(16) NOT NULL,
  lastname varchar(16) NOT NULL,
  location varchar(64) NOT NULL,
  phonenumber varchar(16) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (username)
);

o what version of derby are you using?  If I can check some intermediate
   changes into the trunk, can you test them?
10.3.1.4

Yes, I would be happy to test changes.  It may take some time (to change our
tests, and then it takes quite a while for the tests to run before we start
to notice this leak) -- but absolutely.

o where are the commits in the test with respect to the above tasks?
There is a commit after each task.  Each represents a REST call to a web app
(a POST, a GET, an a DELETE)

o what is the isolation level of the above tasks.
Completely isolated, each being driven by a web app testing harness in
another process

o could you describe exactly what jdbc you do for "list all entries" -
   is it a normal jdbc select loop off of select * from table?
SELECT * FROM employees

Let me know if there is anything else about our app that I can tell you.
Also, just let me know, and I can try out fixes you put in trunk.

Cheers,
Greg