db-derby-user mailing list archives

From ChrisFromStPete <cwhan...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission derby.log read)
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 01:52:03 GMT

 - I'm using Eclipse 3.3.1 with the WTP.

 - I first checked for the Derby.log file.  It was present and I could
delete it.  This had no effect.

 - I next found server.policy in derbynet.jar, but I decided against trying
to update that.

 - I finally think I solved my problem.  I ended up installing multiple
versions of the Derby Eclipse plug-in, but did  not have all of the settings
correct.   I set up the driver to point to 10.1, but the build path was
pointing to 10.3.   I deleted all but one version of the plug-in and
corrected the build path and I can start the network server now.

 - This may be a topic for Eclipse, but when I try and define the Derby
driver in the Driver Definitions screen it only lists thru Derby 10.2.

"It's interesting you're getting this error - is this in a new eclipse
installation? After upgrade to the next version of derby? Or a new
install of the derby plugin into an existing eclipse setup?"

"Do you see a derby.log? Can you remove it?"

Chris