db-derby-user mailing list archives

From EdS <eduardosalte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database shutdown not releasing file locks
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 23:18:29 GMT

Running embedded mode within a Tomcat webapp.  I have some Java code that
programmatically does the shutdown and directory deletion.

I get the expected SQLException on the shutdown.  Attempting to delete the
directories fails both within the webapp and from external shell command.

In a debugger I've paused a derby.rawStoreDaemon thread to walk the data
structures.  I have come across references to the database in question.  So
somewhere along the lines the shutdown isn't really cleaning everything up.

I was under the impression that a shutdown pickles off any outstanding
connections.  Is it possible that a reference to an existing connection
(obtained prior to the shutdown) is harboring the reference to this data
file?

BTW--Thanks for the quick reply!

cheers,

Ed