db-derby-user mailing list archives

From EdS <eduardosalte...@gmail.com>
Subject Database shutdown not releasing file locks
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:35:54 GMT

I run into an issue where i dynamically create databases to cache data.  At
some point when I no longer need the cache, I perform a shutdown and delete
the directory where the database resides.

Unfortunately there's still open file references to one of the c*.dat files
that prevents me from getting a clean filesystem delete.

Anyone else seen this behavior, or is it a known bug?  My searches so far
have proved fruitless.

tia,

Ed