db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Newsham" <jnews...@referentia.com>
Subject RE: Is derby sql "real" equivalent to java "float"
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 23:45:37 GMT

Thanks for the pointer.  It turns out I overlooked this documentation.  I
was reading the pdf file, and only saw the overview of the data types, and
the assignability matrix.

I guess I'll have to test my values for legal range before inserting into
the database.  It's unfortunate that there's a type range mismatch, though,
as it introduces an additional, potential cause of failure which I suspect
in most cases will not be expected or handled.  If there is no longer a good
reason for the mismatch, I too vote that it be removed.

Thanks,
Jim