Hello,

There is a wiki page http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyWindowsService which talks about couple possible ways of running programs as windows service. I have not tried it myself but you may find the wiki page useful.

There is also a Jira entry http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-187 "Starting derby network server as a service in Win OS". The issue has not been closed but again, you may find some pointers there.

HTH,
Mamta