Hi Mamta thanks for the answer.

So basically Derby will only be up in one JVM at a time. Correct?

Regards,

Néstor Boscán

De: Mamta Satoor [mailto:msatoor@gmail.com]
Enviado el: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 1:13 AM
Para: Derby Discussion
Asunto: Re: How to restrict external connections

Néstor,

If a tool like ij is started in a new JVM, then it will not be able to connect to an embedded database which has been started by a different JVM.

HTH,
Mamta

On 9/10/07, Néstor Boscán <nestor.boscan@tcs.com.ve> wrote:
Hi Kristian

Thanks for the answer.

So this means that if I open the database using the EmbeddedDriver driver no
one can access the database from an outside connection?. Includiing tools
like ij?

Regards,

Néstor Boscán