db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: compiling Derby under java 1.6
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 18:36:26 GMT
Mikhail Umorin <mikeumo@sbcglobal.net> writes:

As for the IncompatibleClassChangeError, I don't know why you get this
here, you may want to print out any nested exceptions you get, which
might provide more information on the cause.
(http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/SQLException.html#getNextException())
.

Also, do you see anything in derby.log on the server?

As for compiling Derby with JDK 1.6:

I think i use a plain "xalan.jar", which in addition to xalan-j2-2.7.0
contains some supporting packages, perhaps that is why you have an
compile time issue with xpath and serializer.
(see http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/downloads.html).

As for the problem with the the abstract method
(EmbedDatabaseMetaData), this line in ant.properties is wrong:

j14lib=/usr/local/jdk1.6.0_02/jre/lib

It should point to the JDK 1.4, not to JDK 1.6, even if you use the
1.6 compiler. (Derby needs to compile some of the sources with a
JDK1.4 source level and runtime, in order for the resulting product to
be runnable on multiple platform versions).

Thanks,
Dag