db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby 10.3.1.4 not working with ibatis-2.3.0.677
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 07:15:47 GMT
Zsolt Koppany <zkoppanylist@intland.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to upgrade to derby 10.3.1.4 but I get strange error messages that I
> didn't get with derby 10.2.2.0.
>
> I use 10.3.1.4 with ibatis-2.3.0.677.
>
> Any ideas?
[...]
> --- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: An attempt was made to get a data value of
> type '<UNKNOWN>' from a data value of type 'VARCHAR'.
[...]
> 	at org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.setNull(Unknown Source)

Hi,

It seems like your application calls PreparedStatement.setNull() with an
invalid type specification. If you change the type to
java.sql.Types.VARCHAR, it will probably work. This was changed in
10.3.1.4 to make the network client driver and the embedded driver
behave the same way. Please see this section in the release notes for
details:

http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.3.1.4.cgi#N10C87

--
Knut Anders