db-derby-user mailing list archives

From gray.de...@mailnull.com
Subject shutdown problems in unit tests
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 21:45:51 GMT
Sorry in advance if this is a known issue.  We have some some searches and have not found anything
that looks relevant.

-----

One of my developers is having a lot of problems using Derby behind Sequoia in our unit tests.
 We are trying to startup and shutdown the database in a test and then startup the database
in the next test and see the following message when we do a 'create table':

    A lock could not be obtained within the time requested

Thinking we are having race conditions with the shutdown connection string, we've put in sleeps
and have waited for the lock to be removed but this doesn't seem to help.  Dumping the lock
table after the failure doesn't show anything.

We are using Derby through Sequoia's jdbc connector so we can't see if there are connections
still around.  Constructing a test case would be very hard.

Any help?  Does this sound familiar to anyone?

thanks in advance for any help,
gray

This message was sent from a MailNull anti-spam account.  You can get
your free account and take control over your email by visiting the
following URL.

   http://mailnull.com/