db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Paulo Jesus" <paulsch...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on benchmarks on derby.
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 14:33:27 GMT
I have been looking for benchmarks used on Derby.
We have tried TPC-W on Derby 10.2.2(server mode) and was not a viable teste.
This test have many IN  statements with multilevel querys and max rows
statements. The optimizer doesn't make the best choices, there are
many table scans over indexed columns.  And have some memory leak. So
isn't good for this version.
We have also tried PolePosition benchmark. Better results but too simple test.

I wonder what benchmarks have been in use by the Derby team. TPC-B?
And were can i find the source of those tests.
To test new features on code what are the recommended benchmarks? And
for a generic application?

Thanks.
PJ