db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dave Been <b...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: ipv6 and Network Server hostname
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 20:06:16 GMT
In a round about fashion, we found out to use "::" (2 colons) in v6 for
0.0.0.0 (v4).
Now it is working fine.

NetworkServerControl serverControl = new
NetworkServerControl(InetAddress.getByName("::"),1527);

thanks much,

Dave Been
Enterprise Search Development
been@us.ibm.com
Phone 510-222-3926, Cell 928-699-0488

"Manjula Kutty" <manjula.kutty@gmail.com>
09/06/2007 12:38 PM
Please respond to
"Derby Discussion" <derby-user@db.apache.org>

"Derby Discussion" <derby-user@db.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: ipv6 and Network Server hostname

Hi Dave,

While doing some testing on the Ipv6 machines, I started the server as
java org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl start -h
2002:92a:8f7a:13:9:42:74:19

So instead of giving 0.0.0.0 I gave the full IP address. Did the same for
the localhost also. Hope I answered your question. If you need any more
information regarding derby on IPv6 please let me know.

Thanks,
Manjula.