db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to restrict external connections
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 18:23:52 GMT
Hi Néstor Boscán,

Yes, only one process at a time can access the Derby database files
for any particular database. There's no inter-process mechanism to
prevent corruption if multiple processes were to access the files.
There is a mechanism to prevent multiple processes from accessing the
database.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com