db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David Van Couvering" <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Re: Derby and replication
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:17:18 GMT
I think the responses you have heard so far talk about replication to
provide availability (HA-JDBC, the ongoing Derby effort).

What you are talking about is basically using Derby as a reliable
front-end cache to a back-end database where the connection can be
unavailable from time to time.

What this is about is really synchronization, not replication.
Synchronization is keeping two sometimes disconnected databases in
synch.

One product out there that works with Derby is Daffodil Replicator,
see http://sourceforge.net/projects/daffodilreplica/.  It's an open
source project using the GPL license.

David