db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jørgen Løland <Jorgen.Lol...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby and replication
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:32:48 GMT
Hi Ad Marginem

There is an ongoing effort to add replication to Derby that we hope will
be ready for the next major Derby release. The currently planned
functionality will add replication for availability improvement only,
and reading/updating the "back-end" database will not be allowed.
However, if more developers took part in this issue, the scope could be
widened to, e.g., allow "back-end" reads.

A "new feature" request has already been filed for replication in
Derby's bug tracker here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2872. You are more than
welcome to participate in the development of this (and other) Derby
issues. As a starting point, you could have a look at the functional
specification posted on the issue mentioned above and post any comments
you might have.

Jørgen Løland