db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Derby 10.3.1.4 compiling problems
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:29:44 GMT
Paulo Jesus wrote:
> The problem seems to start after, or inside, the first run of "ant "...

Derby does not have a dependency based build. I always do an ant clobber
between builds.  If it builds cleanly after an "ant clobber" then that
is good.

The problem you reported with the scripts is likely because you are
using  $DERBY_HOME/classes instead of jars. I don't know when/why
network server was changed to require jars, but to run it these days I
have to remove the old jars and build the jars, "ant buildjars" after
ant all and of course change my CLASSPATH to point to the jar location.
So short story...

ant clobber
ant all
rm -rf jars/insane/*
ant buildjars

change your classpath to point to the jars/insane location.

Kathey