db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY not working?
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 23:58:09 GMT
David Van Couvering wrote:
> Hi, guys.  I know that NetBeans sets derby.system.home to
> ~/.netbeans-derby, but when I do
>
> VALUES SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.system.home');
>
> I get 'NULL'.
>
> So, I tried this on both Derby 10.3 and Derby 10.2:
>
> $ java -Dderby.system.home=/tmp -jar derbyrun.jar server start &
>
> VALUES SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.system.home');
>
> and I still get 'NULL'.
>
> Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

derby.system.home is a system property, not a database property so I think

VALUES SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.system.home');

is behaving as expected

I guess to get the setting you could write  a stored procedure that does
System.getProperty("derby.system.home");

but I am not sure that will work with the default policy.

Kathey