db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to restrict external connections
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:26:39 GMT
Néstor Boscán wrote:
> Hi
> Is there a way to restrict external connection to a Derby Database?. I
> only want the JVM to be able to connect to the Derby database and no
> other external processes.

Unless I have misunderstood, sounds like you simply want to use Derby
embedded. This is done by using org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver and
specifying the connection URL as 'jdbc:derby:myDatabase[;create=true;...]'.
By default, no network server will be started and only the JVM is able
to access the database.

Note that 'myDatabase' can point to a database by using either a
relative path (relative to derby.system.home, or current working
directory if it is unset) or an absolute path.

Did that answer you question, or do you have any further requirements?

> Regards,
> Néstor Boscán

View raw message