db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: need to *set* REMARKS field of DatabaseMetaData
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 22:33:36 GMT
Hi Geoff,

Several DatabaseMetaData methods return ResultSets which have a column
named REMARKS. For instance, getColumns(), getTables(), and
getProcedures() return ResultSets which contain a REMARKS column. The
contents of these columns are determined by queries stored in the
following Derby source file:
java/engine/org/apache/derby/impl/jdbc/metadata.properties. In order to
change the contents of these columns, you would have to edit those
queries and build your own Derby engine.

Hope this helps,
-Rick