db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mathias Conradt <mathias.conr...@gmail.com>
Subject Hibernate: table/view does not exist
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:44:10 GMT

I try to exchange postgres with derby/javadb 10.3.1.4 and created a derby
database using ij (I'm new to derby).
I use CONNECT 'jdbc:derby:realty;'; for the connection in ij
and after the creation I can do selects on the table using ij.

Now I have problems with the configuration of Hibernate3 - it cannot find
the table.

My data source is:
<bean id="dataSource" class="com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource">
  <property
</bean>

Hibernate gets the DB connection, but cannot find the table. I get
java.sql.SQLException: Table/View 'USERDATA' does not exist.

I also tried to create a table in the APP schema using the SQuirrel SQL GUI,
and then changing the hibernate config to "jdbc:derby:realty;user=APP;", and
also tried setting the <user> to 'APP', but still it doesn't make any
difference.

Also for some reason which I haven't figured out yet, when I make a "select
* from app.userdata" via ij, it seems it accessess a different table than
when I do the same query from SQuirrel SQL. Although (I think) I am
accessing the table 'userdata' in the 'app' schema. Am I not doing so
automatically by using the APP user or 'app.'-prefix in the sql query?

Thanks for any advice.