db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: NPE when connecting to database with securityMechanism=8
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:05:44 GMT
Alan Burlison <Alan.Burlison@Sun.COM> writes:

> I'm getting a NPE when I try to connect to a database with
> securityMechanism=8.  This is with Derby 10.3.1.4.  I'm setting up the
> database by creating it, then running the following script from inside
> my app using the org.apache.derby.tools.ij class:
>
> ----------
> call syscs_util.syscs_set_database_property(
>   'derby.database.propertiesOnly', 'true');
> call syscs_util.syscs_set_database_property(
>   'derby.authentication.provider', 'BUILTIN');
> call syscs_util.syscs_set_database_property(
>   'derby.connection.requireAuthentication', 'true');
> call syscs_util.syscs_set_database_property(
>   'derby.drda.securityMechanism',
>   'STRONG_PASSWORD_SUBSTITUTE_SECURITY');

Hi Alan,

I don't think you can set derby.drda.securityMechanism for a single
database. You would have to set it for the entire server process, either
by starting the Java process with -Dderby.drda.securityMechanism=XXX, or
by putting derby.drda.securityMechanism=XXX into derby.properties.

--
Knut Anders